Have you considered taking a motorhome holiday over the colder months but are not sure where to go? We’ve compiled all the best places to visit and stay so that you can holiday without any hassle and not only that; we’ve added in some of the greatest places to visit when you are there!
South West England
Starting in the South West of England you will find Green Hill Farm, a beautiful site with award-winning toilets! There is much to do onsite such as fishing, walking, and bug hunting. There are plenty of electric hook-ups, hard standing pitches and you can choose from family areas to adults only. Pets are also welcome at this site.
During the autumn/winter months, Wiltshire is home to many exciting activities that you can take part in. Take a look at our top 3:
- Devizes Lantern Parade & Festival takes place on the 29th of November and is set to be a huge event that includes an amazing lantern parade through the town, displaying the hard work of many local artists.
- Avebury Manor and National Heritage site offers autumn/winter tours where you can find out all about the mysterious stone circle and then warm up with a delicious warming treat after.
- Throw in some Christmas shopping at Salisbury Christmas Market an award-winning event that takes place from the 30th November until Christmas Eve.
If the Peak District takes your fancy then park up and stay at Upper Hurst Farm in Derbyshire. The views at this site are phenomenal and you are in a prime location to visit all four of the major Peak District market towns. They are open all year, including Christmas and New Year and the amenities at the site include state of the art shower blocks, Wi-Fi and 4.5 acres to take the dogs for a walk. Families and dogs are very welcome at this site.
When you are in the Peak District it makes sense to go walking but if you are after other activities then try these three:
- Bakewell is a famous town known for its Bakewell Tarts – try them here and you’ll definitely see a difference between the traditional and the sweet modern version! There is lots to do and the tourist information centre is filled with a wealth of local knowledge. Saunter through town or stop off for some pub grub, the choice is yours!
- Chatsworth House in the colder months is the home to many interesting workshops – from willow workshops and decoration making to touring the house and seeing it ready for the Christmas holidays – there is so much to see, do and eat here!
- Denby Pottery Village is open to the public all year round and is host to a factory outlet, gift shop, garden supplies, and a farm shop. There is a lovely café on site to warm up in if the weather is cold!
Next up we have a beautiful site in Wales – Daisy Bank Touring Park – and this one is just for adults! This is the perfect place for a peaceful and relaxing getaway for fans of walking and wildlife. The site boasts a putting green and has free wifi as well as an onsite shop for your daily paper. The site is also dog-friendly so you can take your pooch for a holiday too.
If you are wondering what you can do when in North Wales – try these out and you’ll not be disappointed.
- Powis Castle – no trip to Wales is complete without a visit to a castle and Powis Castle is magnificent! A beautifully kept medieval castle and gardens will entertain you for hours.
- Wrap up warm and visit the Red Kite Centre in Rhayader where you will see the Red Kites in action – they are the most beautiful birds and can be seen all year round – it’s a real spectacle to see them all come in to feed.
East Anglia has some of the most beautiful places to stay, camping at Deepdale in Norfolk will provide you with a quiet location right by the sea. It’s a family-friendly site with 85 pitches, electric hook-ups and even underfloor heated shower blocks – the site is located on the North Norfolk coast, a place that you will never want to leave!
When you are there why don’t you visit these three places:
- The Norfolk coastline is like no other and spending time there in the colder months will give you the most breath-taking views. Watch the waves crashing whilst sipping a hot cup of tea and you will be in your element.
- Thursford Christmas Spectacular is set to be an amazing event this year and one you should not miss! Buy your tickets and settle in for an evening of singing, dancing and variety acts – it will get you in the mood for Christmas!
- Norwich is not to be missed and whilst the allure of Christmas shopping might be enough to sway you, pop in and see Norwich Cathedral – a beautiful Norman cathedral that will impress you with its architecture.
Finally, why don’t you think about going to the Lake District – it’s stunning all year round and is an incredibly special place to stay. Lake District holidays are renowned for being expensive but by going in the colder months you can enjoy everything the lakes have to offer minus the price tag. The Meathop Fell Club site is one to behold and offers all year round camping in a totally redeveloped site. Onsite amenities include shower blocks, accessible showers, a dog walk, and wifi; families are very welcome here too.
With Meathop as your base you can enjoy these locations as part of your holiday:
- Lake Windermere is an absolute must! It’s the largest and arguably, the most famous lake in the district. You can enjoy a quiet amble around before popping into Windermere town for tea!
- You could spend your time touring all the Christmas Markets and there are a lot of these in the Lakes! Get that festive feeling and stock up on Christmas treats – it’s such a great part of the world to be in the colder months.
Book your motorhome with Rising Brook
The UK is worth your time in any weather; just imaging wrapping up warm and hiking up a mountain or sipping a hot chocolate at a stunning Christmas market! So, why don’t you take advantage of the lower fees and the quieter sites this autumn/winter and book a holiday to remember!
Learn more about our Motorhome hire here and complete our quick and easy quote form to get a hassle-free no-obligation quotation for your chosen dates.
Alternatively, call our team on 01543 502120 or use the live chat facility on this website to speak to a member of our team.
All of our rates are fully inclusive of vat, insurance and unlimited free mileage for mainland UK use.